top of page

Groupe

Public·59 membres

Internal Medicine Img Friendly Residency Programs List Pdf Free Download

This list represents the states with better acceptance rates for IMGs and the largest program size by state. New York is the state with the largest number of internal medicine residency programs that are known to be IMG friendly, though very competitive. However, New York has been shifting this tendency in the last couple of years and is accepting fewer international applicants than before (my opinion). Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Florida, Illinois, and the other states are great places to search for residency programs. My bias can tell you that Connecticut and Massachusetts are great places for applying (I have experience in both).

internal medicine img friendly residency programs list pdf free download

Applying for IMG-friendly programs is extremely important. Mayo Clinic did not answer my application! And I realized that I spent my money in an uninformed decision. That will happen with most big programs in the U.S. I also applied to John Hopkins and as you can guess, they did not reply at all. I should have seen that coming. The idea is to be smart and realistic in your application.Regarding the application with CS exam pending, I would say that if your exam result date is October, although it is a little late, it is always better to apply early. You can always email programs to update your exam result and that gives you already an excuse to contact them directly. If you failed the exam, of course, will harm you as an applicant. But at the same time, waiting a year to apply is a long time. If you feel confident that your CS exam went ok, you may apply. It is really difficult to make that decision and it will be your choice. Consider that waiting for a year more can be harmful as well, and more if you are an old graduate.

Bridgeport Family Medicine offers real hands-on experience in family medicine, internal medicine, pediatrics and urgent care medicine. The program is structured as a "mini residency program" to prepare IMGs for the U.S. medical system by using state of the art EMR/HER systems.

Many of our physicians are either faculty members at U.S. medical schools or active teaching staff at residency programs throughout the country. Letters of recommendation written by such physicians carry more weight in the residency selection process. Rotations are offered in internal medicine (and its subspecialties), family medicine, pediatrics, psychiatry, pathology, anesthesiology, physical medicine and rehabilitation, dermatology, ophthalmology, geriatrics, as well as other specialties.

One of the most time-consuming part of the residency process is making a list of IMG friendly residency programs. As an IMG you should only apply to IMG friendly residency programs whose program criteria you meet. It is very important to be selective in where you apply as there are thousands of programs. With so many programs, application fees can amount to thousands of dollars.

There are a few tools online that generate lists of IMG Friendly Residency Programs claiming to also reveal percentage of residents that are IMGs. There absolutely needs to be a distinction between Caribbean vs non-Caribbean IMGs since many programs heavily favor one over the other. An example of this is Family Medicine where programs are statistically twice as Caribbean IMG friendly vs Non-Caribbean IMG friendly. These statistics provided by these tools generalize IMG types as one. All IMGs are not created equally.

Many applicants finalize their list of residency programs that they would like to apply to before registration opens. When registration opens up they apply to their desired programs and subsequently sit back and wait to hear from programs. Often what happens is that there are residency programs which receive their accreditation after registration opens and as a result not many applicants know about these programs! One great resource to track such programs is

One of the most difficult things to do during the residency match process is making a rank order list. A rank order list as most of you probably know is simply ranking all the programs you interviewed at from 1 through n. 1 being your top choice. Programs rank candidates the same way and these two inputs determine where you match. You can read more about this at _Resident_Matching_Program#Matching_algorithm

À propos

Bienvenue sur le groupe ! Vous pouvez contacter d'autres mem...

membres

bottom of page